NCEdCloud with IAM (Identity and Access Management) allows an SSO (Single Sign-On) for several services or Education Tech tools used by students, teachers, or even the school district.
It’s also possible to expand its use to work with other features and tools. Clever single sign-on (SSO) with NCEdCloud IAM is a good example of this approach.
Although, there are a few steps to take for this to work without a problem.
- In the Clever Dashboard, look for SSO & Portal. From here, select the SSO Settings option
- Once this is done, click on the ”add login method” option
- You will now have to select an Identity Provider (IDP). From the available options, pick “Active Directory Authentication”.
- When proceeding, you will need the metadata XML file URL for your NCEdCloud IAM.
- Once this is done, click on “Save”
And that’s it. The whole process is pretty straightforward, though it does require some technical understanding. Still, the process remains reasonable.
To add some personality and flair, you can customize the Clever Login option. Here, look for the pencil icon and click on it.
With this in place, you can now change labels. For example, you use the icon to change ‘Login with Active Directory’ label to ‘Login with NCEd Cloud’..
All you have to do now is click on the “save” button and the Log in with NCEdCloud becomes available. Now, you can use this login to access the Clever portals. With this change. Users can access the Clever portal through NCEdCloud, rather than having to individually manage a service like Clever.
Each district utilizing the Clever service can create a unique Clever Login URL to share with members of the district. It’s a simple enough process, which makes things somewhat easier.